Modern tourist town with ferry to the island Pasman, is situated in the south part of canel Pasman.
The old town is located in peninsula between Bosana bay on the north and bay Solina on the south. By the coast, in front of town are situated little islands Planac and St. Katarina. Thanks to its position in the most indented part of the Croatian Adriatic coast, the area provides excellent opportunities for nautical tourism and boating as one of few parts of the Mediterranean. In the close vicinity are three national parks: Paklenica, Kornati Archipelago and Krka, as well as Telascica Nature Park. In the bay Soline is a large beach with pine trees around. In the town and around a town is couple of camps.
The first information about Biograd is from the first half of 10th century. Biograd was a residency of Croatian’s kings in 11th century. King Petar Kresimir built Benedict Monastery and the church of St. Ivan in year 1050.